Monday, September 8, 2014

Chiharu Umezaki

Chiharu Umezaki
Oreg Gordienko,
"Tunnel of Love"
2011, unknown

This photograph was taken by Oleg Gordienko, a Ukrainian photographer. The title is "Tunnel of Love" and it was photographed in 2011 in Ukraine. This tunnel of trees provides a passage for a private train that delivers wood to a factory 3 times a day, but it's also known as a place that attracts couples and photographers. It is said that if you and your beloved come to The Tunnel of Love and are sincere with your love, you can make a wish and it will come true. I chose this photo because I thought it was beautiful and I love greenery. I also love that the nature is able to grow freely around manmade infrastructure rather than getting moved out of the way like it often does. I hope to someday go to Ukraine and visit this tunnel…perhaps with someone I love. :)